The 2016 Asian Offshore Support Journal Conference was preceded by the Asian Offshore Support Journal Subsea Conference and the Asian Dynamic Positioning Conference, which ran concurrently on 21st September. Running these conferences concurrently provided delegates with greater networking opportunities with senior representatives from across all areas of the Asian offshore support sector, attracting an even wider audience.
You can read our coverage of some of the key talking points from this year's conference on the Offshore Support Journal website here , and see what the key issues and questions raised by delegates were here and on our Facebook page.
Our 2017 conference wil be held on September 20-21 in Singapore, if you would like to hear more about the event or are interested in speaking or exhibiting, please get in touch.
What’s New for 2016?
Witness the first ever OSV Industry Debate
A debate structured to involve two opposing teams – as well as delegates – in discussing a controversial industry motion. One team will argue for the motion. The other against. The winning team will be decided by audience vote.
Let’s hear you out! - Participate in the Delegates Polling
Find out how the rest of your peers and colleagues feels on the hottest issues in the industry
Country briefings: Demonstrating leadership during tough times
Learn how sound leadership enabled OSV owners to remain resilient and win tenders around and outside the Asian region.
Highly interactive discussions
Smartphone application will allow delegates to ask questions live or anonymously (if they wish) during the sessions.
- Vessel oversupply, utilisation and asset strategy
- New market realities and the future of the industry
- Shipowners’ strategies to cope with the low oil price
- Finance outlook, consolidation and reorganisation
- Outlook for shallow water, marginal fields and deepwater developments
- Cost effective solutions for shipbuilding, operations and maintenance
- Evaluating implications of survival strategies on growth
- Achieving long-term benefits from increasing efficiency, cost productivity and effectiveness
- Innovative solutions to drive down costs without compromising quality
- Latest technology and vessel design to stay resilient and competitive
- DSV deliveries and new capabilities
- Country briefings: Demonstrating leadership during tough times
- Current state of the Asian offshore market - Regional roundup, emerging trends, new regulation
Read our synopsis of the key issues from Day 1 and Day 2 of our 2015 conference
Watch our interview with Chan Eng Yew, CEO of Triyards, here:
Chief Executive Officer
CEO & Executive Director
Miclyn Express Offshore
Leong Seng Keat
Chief Executive Officer
Offshore Support Journal
Swire Pacific Offshore
“It was a very informative session. Great market analysis from the different speakers”
Tengku Azreena, Bureau Veritas
“A good composition of speakers and attendees with great relevance”
Alicia Tan, Martens Marine
'Very good source of information on the offshore market. This is my first AOSJC and the experience was great.'
Marcelo G. Santos, Schahin Oil & Gas
'It was brilliantly organised, well moderated and very interactive – amongst the best I have come across. In one sentence – the best in Singapore.'
Rajiv Biswas, Chellsea Pte Ltd
'The event is really fitted to the OSV business and the duration – 2 days – is perfect. Very instructive conference covering almost all different aspects of the business.'
Christian de Bérail, Bourbon
'Excellent combination of interesting topics and networking.'
Offshore, Rolls-Royce Marine AS
'A very good mix of content (financial, technical, operations). A good mix of stakeholders (banks, owners, operators, shipyards.)'
Bernard Tan, Fleet Manager, Svitzer Asia Pte Ltd
'It's just excellent.'
Shu Jun, General Manager, Focal Marine & Offshore
'Good - something new in the way group discussions and Q&As are handled'
Kwan Seng Fatt, General Manager, New Build Division, Nam Cheong Offshore Pte Ltd