Asian Offshore Support Journal Conference is the region’s largest and most influential event focused on the offshore support industry. It is the must-attend annual get-together for shipowners, shipbuilders, charterers and suppliers. This year, its focus will be on the prospects for a market recovery, the financial outlook, industry restructuring, vessel reactivation, improving efficiency to reduce costs and ensuring that crew remain ready for the next uptake in demand.
What’s new for 2018?
Focus group discussions
The audience will be separated into groups – suppliers, shipowners and charterers – to share their views on the lessons learnt during the downturn.
Key executives will discuss what went wrong and how they see their business models transforming to adapt to the changes in the industry. They will explore new ways of dealing with competition, suppliers and share their thoughts on potential consolidation.
In an in-depth interview, a leading owner in the industry will share their experience of surviving the downturn.
Learn how sound leadership enabled OSV owners to win tenders in the Asian region and beyond. Hear success stories and strategic approaches that work in this era of low oil prices.
Our web-based application, accessible via a mobile phone, allows delegates to ask questions during the sessions.
- Market and finance outlook
- Perspectives on market recovery
- M&A, consolidation and restructuring update
- Survival techniques for offshore operations in the current climate
- Lessons learnt from the current downturn, sharing approaches that worked
- Managing vessel lay-up and reactivation
- Keeping seafarers’ competencies current and ready for the next upturn
- New ways of approaching markets, competition and suppliers
- Improving efficiency of operations to reduce chartering costs
- Upcoming design, equipment and operational innovations once offshore E&P demand picks up
Photos and videos
You can see a selection of photos from our most recent Asian Offshore Support Journal conference on Facebook here
Testimonials from the Asian Offshore Support Journal 2017:
"Comprehensive and realistic environmental assessment for the oil and gas sector presented in an effective and engaging forum”
John Lloyd, The Nautical Institute
Ahmad Sarthy, ABS
"Superb organisation and a well turnout delegation”
Thian Nan Loong, CHO Shipmanagement
“Very informative & engaging! Slido Q&A Tool is great"
Megat Zariman Abdul Rahim, Bumi Armada
“Fruitful and excellent networking”
Faisal Nur, Baruna Raya Logistics
“Informative, entertaining and good contacts made”
Chris Pemberton, Austal